Kindness

e9ea40f6a96677771cab5546a33eceda (500x500)

Image from the web

Yesterday, Max and I decided together, we were going to partake in an Act of Kindness.

It was an incredibly hot day here in London, so after we went to buy ice cream and ice lollies, we rushed home to put them in the freezer before they melted. En route, I noticed a number of workmen, varying from BT engineers to scaffolders.

Max was overheating a little; he was turning red. So once back home, he rested for a bit to cool down. Afterwards, I had a chat with him about doing something good. He agreed, so I rubbed sun lotion on him and off we went, armed with bottles of water to give out to the workmen, to help them to stay hydrated.

I strongly believe a child’s home environment has the biggest influence – especially in the early years. The more we teach our children to be kind to everyone, the more the world will become a better place for them to grow, and to enjoy life.

What are your thoughts on this?

Advertisements

18 thoughts on “Kindness

1. mia_haider says:

I really liked this post. you did the right thing. The workmen,after all construct a building for us… so why shouldn’t we offer them water or i mean can’t we?? A big thumbs up!!
    💙💙

Liked by 1 person

2. Terrigirl2017 says:

Such a wonderful act and a great learning moment Persia. It is at Max’s age where tbey learn kindness , and its soon after he showed kindness to the man at the sweet shop, God bless you both Dear, hugs , Terri ❤❤

Liked by 1 person

• Persia says:

We have to keep trying, don’t we? No matter what negativity is floating around. I just keep thinking of Maya Angelou, Martin Luther King Jr. and Mother Teresa quotes. Over and over again. Trying to guide Max along the right road of compassion, etc. Thanks, Terri. God bless you and yours too. P. xo

• Persia says:

True 🙏🏾. My sister took Max and I out for dinner, which was nice. It mean we weren’t stuck indoors this weekend. But it’s HOT here! A bit too much for me! How’s your Sunday? P and Max. xo

• Terrigirl2017 says:

Thats nice of your Sister to take you both out! I feel bad for you in the Heat , is it cooling down any ? We celebrated 5 family birthdays yesterday which was nice covering 4 generations! Today I am back to work…. Have a nice evening Persia and Max, huggs ,Terri ❤❤

• Persia says:

Thanks, Terri. It was. My dear, I’m melting. It’s so muggy tonight. Small window is open. Large free standing fan is on. Not helping much! No signs of cooling down either. Read somewhere this heatwave is set to continue.
        FIVE birthdays?! Oh my! Wow, that’s a lot! Did you all get together?
        Ah, yes. That thing called work. It’ll be the weekend again before you know it.
        Thanks. You have a nice evening too. P. xx

Please feel free to leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s