Stay Close By

Stay Close By

When the weather is good, Max and I go to the park quite often. Now, I have no problem with him running about; that is the whole point of taking him in the first place.

What I don’t like, is not having him in my view. On this particular day, Little Yum-Yum decided he was big enough to scoot off to the point I almost lost sight of him. Of course, this threw me into a panic, so I called out his name (loudly) several times before he actually stopped.

He then decided to pick up his scooter and run back towards me. I told him to slow down, to put his scooter down and to come back to me. He wouldn’t listen…

20170526_162217 (480x640)

… And this was the result.

Well this was two weeks ago, and he’s still telling me he can’t walk!

You have to carry me, mummy. I can’t bend my knee.

It is healing well. I did explain to him why I didn’t want him to stray too far from me. He said he understood.

Obviously, in a way he would better understand, I told him it was dangerous, because if something happened, I might not be able to get to him or find him. So here’s a question… Do you think I’m being over protective?

Advertisements

17 thoughts on “Stay Close By

1. House of Heart says:

Sadlly in today’s environment we must be ever watchful. As a child I played without fear most anywhere but things have changed. I was often told I was overprotective but decided otherwise the price mighty be too high.

Liked by 1 person

• Persia says:

Same hear. I remember going to the park a couple of roads away, without my mother. It was normal back then. Times have really changed for the worse. The thing that sticks in my mind is a programme I watched last year, where vans would stop and snatch children off the pavement/side walk. This had a terrible affect on vigilant I am when out with Max. Not to mention the recent attacks. I will say, your last sentence is spot on; the price would be too high. Thank you, Holly.

Liked by 1 person

2. weggieboy says:

These day, no! It’s always a good idea to have young children in plain view. Even then, as you know, they can slip off so fast you can’t believe it. You are not too protective.

Liked by 1 person

• Persia says:

Isn’t it terrible how things are viewed now? Paranoia, panic, etc. Max has a habit of running of ‘fast’ as you’ve put it. Even when we go into the supermarket, he disappears down a different aisle which I don’t like. Once found, he’s giggling. I feel for him as he’s just playing and is so innocent. But with some really dodgy characters out there, I don’t want to take the risk. Thank you for your comment.

3. Terrigirl2017 says:

With the times we are living in , I don’t think you can be too overprotective Persia. You never know who is in the park looking for children to prey on. I am sure Max likes his freedom to do what he wants , like my little ones, bit its always better for them and you, using safety first, hugs Dear,TerriπŸ’–

Liked by 1 person

• Persia says:

Exactly, Terri. I do fear someone will coax him into following them, or the like. Not forgetting other children who get kicks out of hurting others. I’m not saying Max must stay right by my side at all times, but don’t go so far to the point I cannot reach him if needs be. I think I need a home with a big back garden, so I can be out there with him, reducing the fear factor. xo

• Persia says:

Thank you. It’s just such s shame we live in the times we do. I want Max to be free, but unfortunately, not as free as he’d like – purely for his own safety. Hopefully, he’ll grow to understand I’m not trying to be a ‘nag’!

• Persia says:

Thanks, Derrick. Can’t be too careful these days. As for the scuffed knees… noooooo! He goes into moody phase “Mummy, I’m blooding”, or “I can’t walk because of my blood”, etc. Don’t think I can handle it for much longer! My ears!! πŸ˜…

Liked by 1 person

4. jazzyjenness says:

No, I don’t believe that you are. Kids get so easily distracted and there is so much evil in this world. There are more ways for kids to get hurt now than ever before. My now father in law was hit by a car crossing the road. The key here in this event is that he had one foot on the sidewalk when he was hit. He was just about out of the road when a large SUV hit him and took off. Another point, my youngest grand-daughter wandered off at the beach last year. It took twenty minutes before she was found. She was more scared than her mom and that is saying something. You are doing a great job, mom. Never doubt that.

Liked by 1 person

• Persia says:

That’s just it; there is a lot of evil. I watch him like a hawk when we’re out. I’m sorry to hear about your father-in-law. What a coward that person was for not stopping. Smh. Oh my gosh. Glad your granddaughter was OK. What a terrifying experience for both mother and child. Honestly, I probably would have ended up in the hospital from some sort of attack (panic, heart, etc). Thank you so much for your kind words. πŸ™πŸΎ

• Persia says:

It really is a heart stopping moment. OK, so I’m somewhat normal then! Unfortunately, they don’t understand we’re trying to protect them. They just see us as stopping them from having fun.

Please feel free to leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s